Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#13365516 Jul 24, 2017 at 11:12 PM
Fleet Veterans
239 Posts
[10:32] Ten@Farmer42: *Ten pulls on her left glove as Dekan walks in*

[10:32] Dekan@kanekasier: I see you uh, found our little present, Subadmiral. *Smiles a little thinly*

[10:33] Ten@Farmer42: One of the nurses forgot to remove her combadge. I heard you talking. I only had to threaten to remove her spine through her mouth to have it delivered.

[10:34] Lazu@Basilisk9466: *Lazu enters, stripped down to a vest and pants.* Hey Ten.

[10:34] Ten@Farmer42: Lazu

[10:34] Dekan@kanekasier: Only. *He snorts a bit.* It's uh, good to see you on your feet again though, Subadmiral.

[10:34] Ten@Farmer42: It's good to be back on them.

[10:35] Ten@Farmer42: Can one of you try scanning me? It's certainly quieter.

[10:36] Dekan@kanekasier: How's uh, how's that?

[10:36] Ten@Farmer42: I don't hear random cross talk.

[10:37] Ten@Farmer42: Am I emitting?

[10:37] Dekan@kanekasier: Not that uh, I can pick up.

[10:37] Ten@Farmer42: Alright. Brief me, Lazu.

[10:37] Lazu@Basilisk9466: I feel a little stupid for stripping out of uniform now, but oh well. *She pokes the wall console to check as a second opinion.*

[10:37] Ten@Farmer42: *The wall unit confirms no signal output from Ten*

[10:37] Lazu@Basilisk9466: All being well, in two days time I'll be leading a surgical strike to cripple Unimatrix 20.

[10:38] Ten@Farmer42: What do we know?

[10:38] Ten@Farmer42: *Ten flinches at the mention of the Unimatrix's name*

[10:39] Lazu@Basilisk9466: It's some kind of Borg spec ops division, focused around acquiring technology, tactics and individuals of benefit to the Collective. This Tal Shiar alliance is just the latest gambit.

[10:40] Ten@Farmer42: Huh. I don't remember that being our wheelhouse.

[10:40] Dekan@kanekasier: New development, maybe?

[10:41] Ten@Farmer42: I was only four, equivalent, at the time. So.

[10:42] Lazu@Basilisk9466: *She shrugs, moves on.* It moves regularly to whatever zone of operations it's running. Currently, that means the Queen, the Tal Shiar facilities, and all of her command networks, are all in one place

[10:42] Ten@Farmer42: *When Lazu mentions the queen, Ten visibly clenches*

[10:43] Lazu@Basilisk9466: I quietly informed the Undine of the existence of a Borg base using technology acquired from one of their rogue agents. They weren't pleased.

[10:43] Lazu@Basilisk9466: We'll be riding in behind that storm to make sure that they don't miss anything important, and destroy that Queen.

[10:44] Ten@Farmer42: *Ten takes a deep breath* That seems like a good plan.

[10:45] Dekan@kanekasier: *Shakes his head* I still think this is one of the uh, crazier plans I've been a part of.

[10:45] Lazu@Basilisk9466: Elle seemed a little disturbed, but... let's just say I was done being used. The Undine are the one force in the galaxy that Talvius has no power over.

[10:45] Lazu@Basilisk9466: And if she crosses their path... I don't think we'll have to worry about her again.

[10:46] Dekan@kanekasier: We hope.

[10:46] Lazu@Basilisk9466: One... less... variable. *She sounds rather pleased with herself.*

[10:47] Ten@Farmer42: How are you securing the exit vector?

[10:47] Lazu@Basilisk9466: A borrowed Cooperative command link. Once the Queen is out and the Collective in chaos, we can use it to hijack the transwarp nodes and get clear before the Undine decide to purge us as well.

[10:48] Ten@Farmer42: Risky.

[10:49] Lazu@Basilisk9466: I can't really argue with Dek's analysis of the sanity of this plan, but it felt like the best one on the table.

[10:49] Ten@Farmer42: So, who am I riding with?

[10:49] Lazu@Basilisk9466: *She folds her arms.* You're not.

[10:50] Ten@Farmer42: This is the closest I'm ever going to get to closure. Besides, if there IS an intact hybrid, you might need me.

[10:51] Dekan@kanekasier: That uh, is assume you can subvert it. If we find it.

[10:51] Lazu@Basilisk9466: The Queen shut you down with a word. Sealed armour or not, this isn't a brush with a cube or two. This is the heart of Borg operations. It's too dangerous.

[10:51] Ten@Farmer42: I will kill her with my bare hands if I have to.

[10:53] Dekan@kanekasier: Well uh... I just had a thought... Might change our plans a bit, but...

[10:53] Lazu@Basilisk9466: *She glances at Dekan with a frustrated expression.* For crying out loud, Ten... yes, Dekan?

[10:54] Ten@Farmer42: Triy. Don't...Call me Triy.

[10:54] Dekan@kanekasier: This Unimatrix is mobile, right? So they've uh, got to have warp cores. Not counting the uh, Queen's ship, with the right teams in place, we could use those as scuttling charges.

[10:55] Lazu@Basilisk9466: Go on.

[10:56] Dekan@kanekasier: When a uh, warp core goes, it goes with some authority. Once we've got access to them, rigging them to do that is pretty easy. If we can beam my uh, combat engineers in on top of them...

[10:57] Dekan@kanekasier: Five minutes to set up, then we withdraw, and we can blow the whole Unimatrix. Um, depending on how many cores they're using. Probably take out most of it regardless.

[10:57] Dekan@kanekasier: If we can uh, get onto the Queen's ship itself, we could probably do the same there too.

[10:58] Lazu@Basilisk9466: Be ready to enact that plan, but don't be surprised if we can't pull it off. We know the location of the Unimatrix, but not much else.

[10:59] Dekan@kanekasier: Unless they uh, deliberately shield them, they shouldn't be hard to find. Beaming to them is ah, probably going to be the hard part.

[11:00] Ten@Farmer42: *Looking at the display, Ten frowns*

[11:01] Lazu@Basilisk9466: *She returns her gave to Ten.* Te- Triy. This is insanely risky for you. It's probably exactly what they want. I can't exactly order you to stay behind, but...

[11:01] Ten@Farmer42: Allow me. *Ten removes her glove, pulls out her interlink cable, and plugs it into the display*

[11:02] Ten@Farmer42: I'm sending a map to this unit. Full memory of the inside of the Unimatrix.

[11:03] Ten@Farmer42: You *She points at Lazu* and You *She points to Dekan* Have never been on a Unimatrix. Let alone THIS unimatrix.

[11:04] Lazu@Basilisk9466: *She scans over it thoughtfully.* How do you know this is still current?

[11:04] Ten@Farmer42: I don't. But it's better than nothing.

[11:04] Ten@Farmer42: And the Borg aren't known for their flexibility.

[11:05] Lazu@Basilisk9466: Fine. You're riding with me, then. As soon as I find a replacement ship.

[11:05] Dekan@kanekasier: To be fair, this uh, particular set has been a little more um... Flexible for my liking. But... *He shrugs* It's a baseline at least. Um, mind if I grab my PADD and take a copy of this?

[11:06] Ten@Farmer42: You'll have a kill switch on me. Full localized EMP, just in case.

[11:06] Lazu@Basilisk9466: That's the plan. *She reaches out to squeeze Ten's shoulder, pauses, thinks better of it.* We'll get you through this.

[11:07] Ten@Farmer42: If we run into her, the bitch is mine.

[11:09] Dekan@kanekasier: If we run into her, uh, hopefully we'll just have to hold her off long enough to rig her warp core. But uh, I'll let you hit the button regardless, if you'd like.

[11:09] Lazu@Basilisk9466: I'll be in touch. Now, if you'll excuse me... I'm worn out and still healing from an Undine saying 'hello' to my face.

[11:10] Ten@Farmer42: *Ten unplugs herself and puts her glove on, popping her knuckles* You do that.

[11:11] Dekan@kanekasier: Probably for the best. We're going on a suicide mission in two days, after all. *Gives another small, wry smile*
+0
Page 1